- >Best Crypto Trading Bots
- >3Commas Review: Automated Crypto Trading Made Easy
3Commas Review: Automated Crypto Trading Made Easy
3Commas is one of the most popular cryptocurrency trading platforms on the market today. It offers not only automated trading bots, but manual crypto trading as well. The Canadian-based company started in 2017 with the aim of helping users make money in a short period of time. They designed a simple and intuitive interface and developed sophisticated trading tools to make it an easy process to make money. They also provided great tutorials and videos on almost every trading feature that they offer meaning that even beginners can use 3Commas to buy or sell crypto immediately. Whether you are looking to do manual or automated trading, our 3Commas review will help you determine if it is right for you.
- Options for automated and manual cryptocurrency trading
- Simple interface that helps educate users about trading bots
- Fantastic mobile app for checking 3Commas on the go
- Support for over 20 different crypto exchanges
3Commas Pros & Cons
Easy to use interface
Lots of available exchanges
Manual and automated trading options
Automated trading bots only available in Advanced and Pro plans
How 3Commas’ Pricing Works
3Commas platform has 3 different types of plans available to users. While there is no free version of 3Commas there is a 3-day free trial available for the Pro subscription. Here are the 3 plans available:
Starter Plan ($29/month or $174 for 1 year)
- Manual trading with Smart Trade, including futures and margin exchanges
- Paper trading with Smart Trade
- Unlimited amount of connected exchange API accounts
- Unlimited amount of active trades
- No bots
Advanced Plan ($49/month or $294 for 1 year)
- Everything on Starter
- Algorithmic trading with Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) simple bots
- Unlimited amount of simple bots
- Unlimited amount of active bot deals
- Paper trading with Smart Trade and simple bots
- No future or leverage trading bots (for example Binance Futures, Bybit or BitMEX)
- No Gordon bots
- No GRID bots
Pro Plan ($99/month or $594 for 1 year)
- Everything on Advanced
- Algorithmic trading with DCA composite bots
- Unlimited amount of composite bots
- Full access to paper trading
- Access to Binance Margin, Binance Futures, BitMEX, FTX and Bybit bots
- Access to Gordon and GRID bots
- Educational course “Teaching trading with algorithmic bots”
All Plans also Include:
- Mobile Apps
- Copy & Edit
- Apply to exchange (Huobi Global, Binance.com, Bittrex and Poloniex)
- Auto reallocate
- Accessible without subscribing
- Get % of each cryptocurrency payment your referrals make
- Use income to pay for subscriptions
- Withdraw income in USDT
3Commas offers 23 available cryptocurrency exchanges for you to connect your trading bot to once you have picked the plan that works for you. You can connect unlimited exchange accounts to your 3Commas account and have multiple exchange accounts for the same exchange. Not all features are available for every exchange, the available features are noted next to each exchange listed below, more details on the features are available later in this 3Commas review. Here are the available exchanges:
- Binance – Smart Trade, Portfolios, DCA Bots including Gordon bots, Margin Trading, GRID bots
- Binance DEX – Smart Trade
- Binance Futures – Smart Trade on Futures, DCA Bots, GRID bots
- Binance Jersey – Smart Trade, DCA Bots including Gordon bots, GRID bots
- Binance US – Smart Trade, DCA Bots including Gordon bots, GRID bots
- BitMEX – Smart Trade on Futures, DCA Bots, GRID bots
- Bitfinex – Smart Trade
- Bitstamp – Smart Trade
- Bittrex – Smart Trade, Portfolios, DCA Bots including Gordon bots
- Bybit – Smart Trade on Futures, DCA Bots, GRID bots
- Cex.io – Smart Trade
- Coinbase Pro (GDAX) – Smart Trade, DCA Bots including Gordon bots
- Deribit – NEW: Options Bot; Smart Trade on Futures
- Exmo – Smart Trade
- FTX and FTX.US – Smart Trade, Smart Trade on Futures, DCA Bots, GRID bots
- Gate.io – Smart Trade
- HitBTC – Smart Trade
- Huobi Global – Smart Trade, DCA Bots including Gordon bots
- Kraken – Smart Trade
- KuCoin – Smart Trade
- OKEx – Smart Trade, DCA Bots including Gordon bots
- Poloniex – Smart Trade, Portfolios
- YoBit – Smart Trade for pairs with daily volume over 2 BTC
Once you have picked your plan and connected to your desired exchange(s) you can begin to take advantage of the features available to your plan. With the Starter Plan you will only have access to the manual trading features. If you want to implement a bot with your own trading strategies or copy another users’ strategy, you will need to purchase either the Advanced Plan or the Pro Plan.
Manual Trading allows you to execute buy or sell orders across multiple exchanges in one window, which is actually a fairly useful feature. This is called Smart Trade. You can place limit or market orders to any connected exchange along with the following capabilities:
- Concurrent Take Profit and Stop Loss: Deal closes when the indicated price is reached, or the deal closes when the price drops at or below the indicated value.
- Take Profit and Stop Loss Trailing: Automated value adjustments as coin prices rise. Take Profit and Stop Loss points can automatically set to increase if a coin rises.
- Sell by multiple targets: Sell your coins by multiple targets. Sell half your coins for $10,000, then 25% for $11,000, and the rest for $11,500.
- Smart Cover: Accrue additional profit with unexpected market moves. Sell and buy back coins. Utilize Trailing Take Profit.
- Charts and Signals from TradingView: View concurrent charts in one window
Automated trading allows you to set up a bot that will trade for you 24/7. You can either customize your own bot or purchase trading strategies from the marketplace. These are the available trading bots:
- Options Bots: 5 Click setup for options trading, automatic calculation of the purchase amount based on the current market conditions and data entered by user, ability to track profit and loss dynamically, allows early closing of a position, and helps calculate success of strategy following close of position.
- Gordon Bots: A normal Dollar Cost Averaging bot that comes partially configured in order to help users get going easily. Can only use a Long trading strategy meaning buy low and sell high.
- Grid Bots: Buys and sells an asset within a “Grid” based on series of buy and sell horizontal levels, best for use on assets with no obvious trend or ranging/moving sideways. Capital used is locked into bot and will not consume more funds than initial trade amount, and profits are instantly released to exchange wallet rather than reinvested. When an asset moves outside the grid, the bot stops.
- DCA Bots: Unconfigured Gordon Bot, user creates buy and sell strategy for desired pair and bot executes trades constantly within parameters.
Portfolio management is an important aspect of trading cryptocurrencies, 3Commas provides useful portfolio features in an intuitive and simple format. You can do any of the following with any of their plans:
- Create portfolios with any coin amount.
- Balance your portfolio through maintenance of coin ratios
- View incomes of other 3Commas users
- Copy and edit coin ratios of other users to your own portfolio