- >Best Crypto Exchanges
- >Changelly Exchange Review: Low Fees with No Registration?
Changelly Exchange Review: Low Fees with No Registration?
Changelly is an extremely useful cryptocurrency exchange service that offers extremely low fees and makes for easy crypto asset trading with no registration required. Changelly is more of an exchange service than a classic exchange, as they hold no funds or assets for you, they simply act as a middleman. Changelly’s trading algorithm is integrated into the largest cryptocurrency exchange platforms, including Binance, Poloniex, Bittrex, etc.
In the span of milliseconds, Changelly makes bids on the platform, then suggests the best available rate and displays the approximate amount you will receive. After you provide the destination wallet address, you simply have to log in or sign up to save the transaction history and you will receive your crypto in your wallet within minutes. They also provide options for buying crypto with a debit or credit card through their partners.
- Extremely low fees
- No sign-up required for non-credit card transactions
- Over 150 cryptocurrencies offered including BTC, ETH, LTC
- Sends crypto directly to your wallet instead of holding it
No verification or registration required for exchanges
Fast crypto exchanges with low fees
150+ cryptocurrencies on tap
Easy to use website and mobile app
High fees for credit and debit card crypto purchases
Identity verification required for credit card purchases
Coinberry at a Glance
|Bank Transfer||Yes||EU Only||Yes||Yes||Up to 3 business days|
Sign-Up Process at Changelly
In order to use Changelly’s exchange service there is no sign-up required. However, if you would like to keep track of your transaction history you can create an account:
- Click Sign-Up on changelly.com homepage
- Enter email address
- Confirm email address through email they send you
Purchasing Crypto at Changelly with a Credit Card
If you are planning to use a credit card to purchase cryptocurrency through Changelly it is a more difficult process that requires identity verification:
- Select a default currency which can be USD, GBP, or EUR from the widget menu.
- Set the fiat amount and choose the crypto you want to buy. Transaction limits are set depending on the chosen crypto purchase provider. Detailed information on limits and fees for each provider are shown on the page.
- Carefully check the rate and the amount you are going to receive.
- Specify your cryptocurrency wallet address and proceed to purchase cryptocurrency.
- In some cases, you will need to verify your email address by entering a 4-digit verification code you get in your email inbox.
- Enter your billing and residential addresses to proceed.
- Provide your bank card data.
- If it is your first crypto purchase on Changelly proof of identity will be required. To verify yourself you will need to upload the front and back of one of these documents: International passport, National ID card, driving license.
- In most cases, you will also need to upload a selfie. Sometimes, your identity can be verified in 2 minutes, but bear in mind that it can also take up to 30 minutes.
- Within 5-30 minutes your transaction will be complete. You will receive cryptocurrency to your wallet and transaction details to the provided email address.
What Cryptocurrencies Can You Buy on Changelly?
Changelly supports the crypto exchange of over 150 cryptocurrency tokens and assets including but not limited to:
For a full list of Changelly’s supported cryptocurrencies click here.
Is Changelly Safe?
Changelly is extremely safe. For performing crypto exchanges it is extremely safe because they do not hold your cryptocurrency in a wallet, they simply take your deposited funds/assets, exchange them for your desired crypto, and then deposit them in your own wallet. This is not something that can be hacked like a traditional exchange. So as long as you are using a secure software or hardware wallet to which you hold the keys, the only risk is user error (entering the wrong deposit address for example).
Click here for our recommended crypto wallets.
Changelly has an easy to use desktop website as well as an iOS and Android mobile app.
Changelly is a non-custodial exchange service meaning they do not hold your funds in a wallet, they simply take the funds you send them and perform your desired transaction, depositing the funds at your wallet address. The process begins and ends at wallets that you control.
Changelly has one of the most reasonable rates for fees at a flat rate of 0.25% for crypto exchanges and is highly recommended for this purpose. However the fees charged for purchasing crypto using your credit card total over 5% and there are many other sites that offer better rates for purchasing crypto directly with fiat. Click here for our recommendations.
Changelly Frequently Asked Questions
Changelly is based in Prague, Czech Republic.
That depends on what you consider “a deal”.
The exchange offers fixed or floating exchange rates:
Fixed exchange rates mean that the rate you see is guaranteed for 15 minutes meaning the final amount you receive will not change.
Floating exchange rates mean that the rate could change during the transaction, which could result in you getting more or less crypto than expected from the exchange.
The average Changelly transaction takes 5-30 minutes to complete. This is also affected by how quickly you deposit the funds required for the transaction.
Yes! Changelly is available to Americans.
No, Changelly does not have a wallet. It is a non-custodial exchange service meaning they do not hold your funds in a wallet.
Yes! Changelly support is available 24/7 through live chat support. They also have a very comprehensive help page.
Yes! You can buy Monero and over 150 other cryptocurrencies on Changelly.